Junior Cats

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
The Puck
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:59 am

Are they going to play in Bishop's Falls or Botwood this year or return to Triton. Their coach has indicated that Grand Falls-Windsor isn't a opition anymore. Grand Falls-Windsor never worked well for this team but a lot of the past coaches since they were from there thought it would.

kwh4050

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:04 am

Triton is also out. Botwood have expressed the most interest in the team and with their amazing rink renovations @ the Harry Ivany this could be a great fit.....

geoguy

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:02 pm

kwh4050 wrote:Triton is also out. Botwood have expressed the most interest in the team and with their amazing rink renovations @ the Harry Ivany this could be a great fit.....
I also heard round home that the junior cats are seriously looking at playing out my way. Your right about one thing and that is the renovations done to the rink are amazing.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

kwh4050

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:38 pm

geoguy wrote:
kwh4050 wrote:Triton is also out. Botwood have expressed the most interest in the team and with their amazing rink renovations @ the Harry Ivany this could be a great fit.....
I also heard round home that the junior cats are seriously looking at playing out my way. Your right about one thing and that is the renovations done to the rink are amazing.

I spoke with the town council reps, Town Mangers, from Botwood and Bishop's Falls to see which town would be more supportive of and fully committed to the team. Bishop's Falls put together a very impressive offer and that is why Bishop's Falls was chosen as the new host of the new Bishop's Falls Jr-Express.

backhand shot

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:36 pm

EXCELLENT !!!!! The JR.TEAM SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT IN THE FIRST PLACE . YOU HAVE TO STAY IN ONE PLACE AND BUILD A FAN BASE, NOT ROME AROUND LOOKING FOR A HOME. HAVE A GOOD P. R. AND PROMOTE THE GAMES. GOOD LUCK GUYS...

kwh4050

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:42 am

backhand shot wrote:EXCELLENT !!!!! The JR.TEAM SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT IN THE FIRST PLACE . YOU HAVE TO STAY IN ONE PLACE AND BUILD A FAN BASE, NOT ROME AROUND LOOKING FOR A HOME. HAVE A GOOD P. R. AND PROMOTE THE GAMES. GOOD LUCK GUYS...
Thanks. Just from the buzz around town I am sure it will be a memorable year.

notaclue

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:06 am

I played in Bishops when the team first came there. The first weekend was great as we had over 500 fans to each game against the Caps, but after that it went downhill. It is easy to say to stay and build a fanbase but my last year I don't even think we were averaging 200 fans a game and we needed to play in the place with the highest possible profit we could. We couldn't afford to stay in BF to build a fanbase because we would have folded. It is not whether the team should or shouldn't have left, we had to because there was not enough support. That being said, the fans we did have come to the games and the volunteers from BF were amazing. If they come back and bring more people like themselves the organization should be quite successful.

kwh4050

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:52 pm

notaclue wrote:I played in Bishops when the team first came there. The first weekend was great as we had over 500 fans to each game against the Caps, but after that it went downhill. It is easy to say to stay and build a fanbase but my last year I don't even think we were averaging 200 fans a game and we needed to play in the place with the highest possible profit we could. We couldn't afford to stay in BF to build a fanbase because we would have folded. It is not whether the team should or shouldn't have left, we had to because there was not enough support. That being said, the fans we did have come to the games and the volunteers from BF were amazing. If they come back and bring more people like themselves the organization should be quite successful.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR TEAM MANAGEMENT/EXECUTIVE ASAP. WE NEED A PRES, VP, GAME DAY OPS, FUNDRAISING/SPONSORS, PRO, ADVERTISING AND IT..... IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP. THANKS

The Puck

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Did you have any luck getting any of these positions filled? Did you get another coach or manager too?

kwh4050

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 am

The Puck wrote:Did you have any luck getting any of these positions filled? Did you get another coach or manager too?
More help now but still need a few more....

• Information