league parity

NL Major Midget "AAA" - St. John's Maple Leafs, Western Kings, Central IcePak, and the Northern Huskies.
number 1
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Finally the league has parity. After the first two days at the kick off tourney in CB it is safe to say that all teams have a chance to win the league this year. Western look to have the advantage in size and power but both the teams here in town are far from bowing out to them. Central have a young but fast team and tripen are rough and physical. Every weekend games are going to mean something. This time last year everyone new that the privateers were going to win. No so this year.One thing i notice this year is the physical play that all teams are trying to play. One negative I have notice is the F bombs that all the teams are using very loudly during the games....should try and curb this because it is still minor hockey..so far so good. Look foward to a close season with every game meaning something. I heard that the royals are moved out of CB and that people think that there is no game in town...all games so far have been almost capacity at the Kinsmen arena 2. Corner Brook still has hockey and it is a good brand of hard hitting midget...

kabbott50

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:43 am

I completely agree. I'm pretty sure that Western has everybody back this season from last, as that was the plan for them. The Privateers and Leafs both have drastically changed due to players making the Q, or graduating from Midget. Central are always a tough team, no matter what, and if Tri-Pen get the commitment that they need, they will give themselves a chance, every weekend.

Always a Flyer

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:41 am

U know I always enjoyed watching this league and this year the hockey is going to be great with every team in the running. I really think that this is the year a team from outside St.John's is going to take the title. In saying that though it don't really matter to me because all these boys represent the province with class and it's a pleasure to watch them develope.

tony1233

Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Really looking forward to the games this weekend between central and western. 2 good teams. Seems as though western has embraced a physical brand of hockey which is good to see.

• Information