Expert Analysis Post Game Edition

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
DarrenDregz
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Its the Insider here with a quick word on this weekends outcomes. Unfortunately, I didn't see as much of this weekends action as I would have liked due the fact I was keeping an eye on the NHL/NHLPA's under the table coversations. However, between myself and my sources, here are some thoughts:

"BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!" Would someone turn off that panic button out West! The royals lost two games against the defending Herder Champions; might I add they lost 2 playoff games on their way to the Herder! As I stated yesterday, chemistry is a big factor and the Bous had the advantage there. Basically two new additions to that team and they are brothers! Go figure, thats instant chemistry! Also remember, practices are not 3 times a week, they are few and far between. Some of you lovely folks have been very critcal of the imports on Western, give them a chance. A new league, a new team, and a new role makes it hard on these guys. They have NO idea what to expect when they come here to play and often the NL product is much better than they expect.Some fans won't be pleased regardless; if Langdon and Robinson produce, they play too much, if they don't, they shouldnt be playing. People like to stir the soup more than James Duthie. For the real fans of the Royals and the new fans, dont get caught up in the "talk," your team is fine, the gate was what they had hoped for, and this team will gel! You can have all the best players and they don't gel right away! Thats why Canada has 2 Olympic gold medals in the past 50 years! As for the Bous, what you see is what you get and its a potent team! Up front they are stellar, the backend will be the biggest concern but its not a very big one! The RoBros were a significant additon both on and off the scoresheet! Great work in the draft!

How about the fans in Gander? Opening night was a spectacle! Tailgating? Purple and Gold men? Ya gotta love it! Keep this up and you'll see plenty of opposing fan road trips to gander! On the ice they have speed and energy. Guys like Pearson, Wadden, White are pure scorers and they showed and will continue to show they can make their chances count! Import wise, similar to Royals fans, be patient, Macinnis showed some glimpses of whats to come as will the rest. Patience will be key; players, coaches and fans a like. By the way, wait until you guys get a game where the ref lets em play! Thats enjoyable! As for the Eastlink CeebeeStars; thats two wins an AWFUL lot quicker than it took last year. Again fans, be patient with Thomas and Slaney, no idea what to expect on a new team and a new league. Thomas had a few points as it was and Slaney showed his versatility which will be crucial to this team! Lavgine was what the ceebees were looking for; stability between the pipes. He'll get better, won't have 6 or 8 shutouts, but he'll be what they ask of him. Hats off to the D corps because boy were they short! Go to the CEC next weekend that short on D and it will not end well! Look to see Obrien back atleast and perhaps Gosse won't be w$$$$o$$$r$$king again!

Thats all I have for you tonight! About to sit back and watch the first three innings of the ball game before bed! You know what they say, early bird gets the hair gel! See you all next weekend! Sorry but the NHL lockout will continue!

Your Insider,
Dregz

Face off

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Great post Dregz and alot of truth to what you said. I said earlier that the Team with great players and NO Chemistry isn't as good as a team with Decent players with LOTS OF CHEMISTRY. Fortunately, the BOUS have both as I am sure the other teams will as the year progresses and Gander off to a Great start if you ask me, push the CeeBees to 2 good games with the chance to win last night, says alot.

Keep up the great posts.

Silverhawk

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:12 pm

great post indeed.. keep em coming.. a pure pleasure to read.. :)
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

chesterfriedchicken

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 am

DarrenDregz wrote:Hats off to the D corps because boy were they short! Go to the CEC next weekend that short on D and it will not end well! Look to see Obrien back atleast and perhaps Gosse won't be w$$$$o$$$r$$king again!

Your Insider,
Dregz
I heard Go$$e asked them to pay his work wages he was missing to play. not bad, call in sick, get paid, then go play hockey and get paid for that too. Not asking much, a 36, 37 year old man should be thankful he has a place to play. this relationship could end soon.

geoela

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:23 am

HAHA. Hope his boss don't be on here reading. If so, he'll make ALL the games. LOL Also, awesome post Dregz. Jeez, you should have a column in the Tely!! Keep it up. And you are welcome to come to Gander ANY time. What a weekend!! NOW, there's a road trip to GFW on Saturday. Wooooo. Jeez I love it. Feel like a kid again. Awesome!!

tincanfan

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Remembering back when the Flyers going strong. When they came to Grand Falls it was party time. Some of us were foolish enough to sit withn flyer fans. A lot of fun back then. It wasn't as fast as todays teams but we sure enjoyed it when the Flyers came to town. It can be the same now and we have clarenville close and in the mix. Gonna be a great winter of hockey

Lukegranter

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Great post Dregz!! I'll reiterate what was said, enjoy reading your posts!
Hey geoala, think there's a crowd of ganderites heading to gfw the weekend? Thinking about making the trek myself.

geoela

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:36 pm

You can bet there will be lots of Gander fans looking for tickets. Gonna be a great year!!

catsfan96

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Will be great to see a large number of Gander fans making the trek this weekend, it only adds to the atmosphere and its only a hour up the highway. Hope to see the Joe blocked this weekend with Cats andddd Flyers fans! What a time its gonna be Saturday night.
GFW Cataracts 2010/2011 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2013/2014 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2014/2015 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2015/2016 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2016/2017 Allan Cup Champs

geoela

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:14 pm

If I can get 4 tickets, we'll be there!!!

• Information