Awards

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
BarDown Hockey
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:22 am

Haha yeah it wouldn't be very fair to have both of them on the same team. How many points did white end up with at the end of the season anyway?

Jets_fan71

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:02 am

wouldnt be able to tell you. 35 goals for sure, not many assists I wouldnt say lol.

kwh4050

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Jets_fan71 wrote:The other thing you need to consider is white had absolutely no supporting cast. Also if he played for bishops how dominating would he have been to play with vaters? You could split the MVP in half lol
That would be nice to see, lol....

kwh4050

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Jets_fan71 wrote:If that randell guy is the one with the red helmet then yes for sure he deserves it and rookie could be given to half the team. But to say no awards should go else where? You didn't hVe the top scorer or the top d.. So it shouldn't be donated to you cause you're in first place! MVP is still debatable if vaters played 10 games but talking about numbers in the last 6 games of the season white scored 21 that's just the last 6 so it's definitely between him and vaters
Randell is the south-paw goalie with the red helmet... I never said "no awards should go elsewhere" though.. There are some really great players in this league and except for top scorer, which I think is White, all the other awards could go either way and be very debatable. I'm not sure if the Top Goalie goes by GAA or if that even has a part in it but I know that save % is not even an option to consider because no one ever records the amount of shots... Could be something to look at though for the future....

stars88

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Randell definitely deserves it. has played solid all year and got his team wins. White probably has top scorer locked up there now. other than that, it's up in the air.

BarDown Hockey

Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Have any awards been announced? If not when will they be

Jets_fan71

Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:12 am

Not quite sure, they used to be given out in the playoff home games but pab received no awards last weekend and I find it hard to believe they didn't win anything

kwh4050

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:16 am

not awarded yet

Richard LeRiche

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Any news on the league awards yet?

kwh4050

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:38 pm

The final league stats have been totaled and were e-mailed to all 3 persons in charge of each team (1) Kevin Hynes - BF Jr-Express (2) Mark Lawrence - PAB Jr-Mariners (3) Ron Dobbin - S-ville Jr-Jets... It has been sent out to ensure that the league awards are decided upon before Thursday and hopefully a HNL Rep (Craig Tulk has been asked and tentatively accepted) will be in attendance on Saturday night to present all awards.

From the total stats a few awards are almost set in stone such as:
1. Regular Season League Champions - BF Jr-Express (13-3 record)
2. Coach of the Year - BF Jr-Express (13-3 record)
2. Top Scorer - Josh White - S-ville Jr-Jets
3. Goalie of the Year - Josh Rendall (8-2 - most wins) BF Jr-Express
4. Defenseman of the Year -- Unknown yet
5. League M.V.P - Unknown Yet
6. Rookie of the Year - Unknown yet

This was a great season of hockey and hopefully next year there will be a new League Executive and hopefully a new team. There are rumors of potential teams for next season in Deer Lake, Corner Brook, Glovertown and Clarenville.... This is a great brand of hockey and new teams and a new Exec would make the league only stronger.

• Information