Awards

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Jets_fan71
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:36 pm

What is everyone's opinion? Who does everyone think will be taking home top dman top goalie top scorer and MVP ?

marinersfan13

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:00 pm

I think goalie should go to sville, dman to pab for rodger snow, and MVP in my opinion is josh white... He has carried his team most of the year and its easy to see when you watch stephenville play

Gongshow_08

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:37 pm

MVP Hands down goes to Josh White as he was the prime example of MVP lol. He was the Most Valuable to his team all season. Top D man goes to Garrett Thissle, he plays defensively sound each game and had some dandy hits this year and is recently after scoring a few snipes from the blue line. Would have been Roger Snow if he played more the 4 games. Top Goalie I would give it to Sville's blanchard. My top Rookie of the year choices would be Jarvis Budjell of Bishops or Brandon Pike From Pab. Most Sportsmanlike Not sure lol. And well most Points and Top Scorer are as they are.

srs73

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:34 pm

I agree...Josh White for MVP and Cody Blanchard for top goalie. They have been great all season for the Jets. My top Rookie would go to Jordan Carter from the Jets...he has had a great season playing first line minutes, scoring goals and showing leadership qualities that will likely make him Captain some day!!

BarDown Hockey

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 pm

Rookie of the year has got to be Marshall Gillard on the express. He's lit it up on the score sheet and was a big pat of the teams success this year.

Gongshow19

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:40 am

rookie could go to a few people on bishops in my opinion, goaltender would have to be cody blanchard, top d man i agree should be garret thistle, snow didnt play many games and even if he had i think thistle would have given him a run for it. hes a great dman offensively and defensively

kwh4050

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Gongshow_08 wrote:MVP Hands down goes to Josh White as he was the prime example of MVP lol. He was the Most Valuable to his team all season. Top D man goes to Garrett Thissle, he plays defensively sound each game and had some dandy hits this year and is recently after scoring a few snipes from the blue line. Would have been Roger Snow if he played more the 4 games. Top Goalie I would give it to Sville's blanchard. My top Rookie of the year choices would be Jarvis Budjell of Bishops or Brandon Pike From Pab. Most Sportsmanlike Not sure lol. And well most Points and Top Scorer are as they are.
Does Garrett Thistle wear a half-cage and I mean cage and not visor.

Marinersfan01

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:21 pm

No that would be Russell Maclean

kwh4050

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:38 pm

I can't speak for any of the games between PAB and Stephenville but Maclean was the most effective d-man against us....
Josh White is a solid choice for league MVP but I think that if Mike Vaters had played after Christmas it would have been a toss-up for sure... Josh is solid though.
Josh Randell has to be talked about for Goalie of the year as well... He did go 11-1... 11 Wins has to be considered...

Toiletbowl

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:38 pm

I can't argue any awards but it seems to me that the fans of PAB and Sville, haven't changed one bit. The Express are in first place again, and yet no one seems to think they should win an award. Some things never change.

• Information