2013/14 League Exec or New Team Possibility

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
kwh4050
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:43 pm

I was wondering if anyone has heard any rumors that a team will be coming back in the league from Corner Brook?
Has Clarenville ever considered entering a team? Must be lots of kids out there with a strong minor hockey system. Also, there is HUGE support for the Sr team and it could be almost enough that a Jr-Caribous could survive.... The CEC is amazing as well....

Anyone out there wanting to get on the Exec for next season...?

Just figured I'd put these ideas out there....

creator

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:55 am

i don't think clarenville would be a good idea for an expansion... very far away from Port Aux Basques/Stephenville.. maybe a more centralized area such as deer lake or lewisporte? who knows.. i'd like to see at least 4 teams again.. 3 teams isn't a league. face it.

kwh4050

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:26 pm

I would like to see more teams but the actual definition of a league in Hockey Canada is 3 teams or more"... Clarenville, Wesleyville, Lewisporte, Twillingate, even St.Anthony or any other town west of Whitbourne are entitled to enter a team in the league. It would just be a HNL decision... I know it would be a distance for driving but another entry in the CWJHL would be another entry. I would say that if you added up the total distance that BF traveled this season it would be very close to a possible 1 or 2 trips additional trips to Clarenville. Traveling 166kms for an away game would be awesome, lol... Deer Lake/Corner Brook coming back in the league would be ideal though for sure.... only having 225kms for an away game would be awesome, lol.. Only time will tell....

SJJHL have it made with no overnight trips, no buses, no hotels.... But such is life....

backhand shot

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:12 pm

SJJHL has i think 8 teams in the league and i heard they don't want to travel to play in the VEITCH because they win it all the time. Any thing to that.

• Information