Central Ice Pak(4) VS Western Kings(1) -- GAME 3 UPDATE

NL Major Midget "AAA" - St. John's Maple Leafs, Western Kings, Central IcePak, and the Northern Huskies.
kwh4050
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:53 am

I have to admit that I've been pretty busy and not been able to get to watch as many Major Midget AAA games, when the Ice Pak are playing, as I would prefer but what can you do.... However; tonight I went to Lewisporte to watch game 3 of the Ice Pak VS Kings semi-final and it was a pretty exciting game to watch...
Barry Wheeler had a great game for the Ice Pak and won minimum over 60% of his faceoffs.. He also got a great shot off the puck drop in the offensive zone that caught the Kings' goalie off guard and almost went in the net. Although the rebound from it was buried and it was a great play overall...
Jordan Maher was given a 10 minute misconduct and myself and the 20 men watching the play still have no idea what it was for... Cody Drover and Shayne Dominie had great games as well and dominated almost every time they were on the ice...
Although letting in a weak goal (Western's second goal) which was a screened shot by the d-man that backed in to the face-off dot before trying to take the man, Kyle Alaverdy stole the show... He played great and didn't let the weak one affect his play... He had a large amount of shots on him in the 2nd and 3rd period as Western started to take over more of the play. Kyle suffered the loss in OT but if not for him, the game wouldn't even have went to OT..
The Ice Pak have the team to upset the League Favorites and send them home early but they'll need to tighten up in the defensive zone, relax, be more patient on the power-play (a 5 on 3 was completely wasted because of rushing the puck and even allowed a 2-man short handed breakaway which Alaverdy turned away) and also use more players in smaller time periods to at least give players such as Drover, Maher, Dominie, Hedges, Fitz and Lewis a bit more time to rest, even if it's the 3rd and 4th liners playing 15-20 second shifts.... They can win this series for sure...
Game #4 is Saturday night in Lewisporte @ 8pm with game #5 slated for 12pm Sunday also in Lewisporte. Get on out there and show your support, you won't be disappointed.....

• Information