GAME...5

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
catsfan4

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:22 pm

yes on saturday

hockey09
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Is a match more then one game??

kwh4050

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:50 pm

it all depends for Junior. In Minor and Female it comes with a min 3 games but in Jr & Sr it all depends on what the match penalty was for and if there was an injury on the play. In this case HNL had a video of the incident and when Champion was hit from the front and then from behind by the 2nd player, he swung his stick and hit the 2nd player in the shoulder. It was never called a shot to the head and was a match for slashing above the shoulders. So therefor it was ruled 1 game.

http://www.hockeynl.ca/wp-content/uploa ... -20101.pdf

kwh4050

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:56 pm

marinersfan13 wrote:Actually the incident started in the second intermission when champion took a swing at the security with his stick twice when they were walking through the tunnel. IMO champion should have been removed right then and there. Yes pab fans are brutal to deal with but how is anyone supposed to react to sticks being swung.... It seems like the stick issue is ongoing on here.... Every year it's the same and I just wish people would learn their lesion about doing it before someone not involved really gets hurt. If a fan is going to challenge a hockey player and the player wants to do something about it, grow a set, put down your stick and go toe to toe with them. What if one of those kids had been hit today just for being curious?? The damage would already be done by then. If the fans and players want to fight and its consensual then go for it but sticks are weapons and it would be a shame to see a child or bystander get hit due to childishness

I can't believe that in the 21st century that anyone would have the "fighting mentality" like we were back in the 80's. It's bad enough to think it but to put it down on a public forum really boggles my mind. I now know that 'marinersfan13' is definitely the security guard who thought it would be a good idea to take his vest off and throw a fit, run into the Bishop's Falls dressing room and try to fight a player. Then when the player told him to grow up he emptied 2 full garbage cans all over our dressing room. I guess to make a Holy show of yourself in front of 500+ people, who all THOUGHT and KNEW you were in the wrong and going overboard, and now you are considered a complete and utter embarrassment and that you have the mentality of a teenager in the 70's. We wouldn't stoop to your level and if you looked at the video tape of the recorded game you will see that Champion hit his stick off the bottom of the stands and nowhere near any fans and it was only after being threatened and spit on.

Even after speaking to Mark and the staff they are also completely embarrassed by the actions of about 15 fans that really make it look so bad for the true P.A.B fans that are passionate, enthusiastic and respectful of a great game of hockey. It's unfortunate that yourself and so few others have all PAB fans tarred with the same brush because of your actions. I have received more than 10 e-mails from the true PAB fans that saw your's and the other 10-15 people's actions and are offering to be witnesses for Champion and other players that were attacked and assaulted. When your own community and fans are offering to help us with any legal matter then you should realize that no one wants you around to embarrass the town, the Organization and the people who make the event a great event to watch. You and the 15 others should realize that you just make it bad for everyone and no one wants you around. There are several fans who said that they were coming to Bishop's this weekend and I can assure you that the police and the town of Bishop's Falls knows the people and they will not be allowed into the Pat O'Reilly Memorial Stadium for this weekend's game(s). This is going to be an exciting weekend but your mentality and actions don't allow you to function in a civilized manner and such you will not be allowed to watch in Bishop's. We never would want this to happen but we care too much about the integrity of the game and the true fans that are there for the enjoyment of hockey and they should not be subjected to yours and other's inappropriate behaviors.

Richard LeRiche

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:31 pm

I seen him come off the ice and the gaurd take his vest off and go back down there but from where i was sitting thats all i could see. Then my son got scared when all the malea broke out and wanted to leave , so we did. But i heard there was also a big ruckus after the game, can anyone shed any light on that?

The first yr the mariners were in the league i think it was Kennedy and Lundy from the royals i would tourment and they would return the favour but at the end of the game i would call them over or they would look for me and we shake each others hand and have a laugh over it and every time they come out thats what it would be like!
Then my son joined hockey and started going to games with me and i stopped all of it and this past yr i helped coach his novice 2 division and its a whole different story and aspect of it all now ! and when all that broke out on sunday he just didnt want to see anymore of it and we left. Some fans def do take it way too far.

Thats like when the fan that was sat in front of me on sat night was getting into a heated argument with the lady from Bishops. I calmed the situation down to the best i could and i guess people seen me there and autmatically thought that i was in on it but on the contrary i was trying to stop it! I even waved the coaches of the express to go to the dressing room and i will calm it down but shortly after it happend again and i just sat there and didnt do nothing.

kwh4050

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:37 pm

Richard LeRiche wrote:I seen him come off the ice and the gaurd take his vest off and go back down there but from where i was sitting thats all i could see. Then my son got scared when all the malea broke out and wanted to leave , so we did. But i heard there was also a big ruckus after the game, can anyone shed any light on that?

The first yr the mariners were in the league i would torment Kennedy and Lundy from the royals and they would return the favour but at the end of the game i would call them over or they would look for me and we shake each others hand and have a laugh over it and every time they come out thats what it would be like!
Then my son joined hockey and started going to games with me and i stopped all of it and this past yr i helped coach his novice 2 division and its a whole different story and aspect of it all now ! and when all that broke out on sunday he just didnt want to see anymore of it and we left. Some fans def do take it way too far.

Thats like when the fan that was sat in front of me on sat night was getting into a heated argument with the lady from Bishops. I calmed the situation down to the best i could and i guess people seen me there and autmatically thought that i was in on it but on the contrary i was trying to stop it! I even waved the coaches of the express to go to the dressing room and i will calm it down but shortly after it happend again and i just sat there and didnt do nothing.
I was told by several people that you were trying to help out one of the Bishop's ladies and I really appreciate it. The man that was really grilling me and saying numerous curse words and threatening me usually I speak to when I am there. He is a huge Habs fan and so am I and I was advised by the staff to call the police after the security guards would do nothing and a HNL Rep swore me out and told me, in not so nice terms, to return to my dressing room. This was the first time I've ever experienced this in PAB but when the security guards and HNL Rep aren't going to diffuse the situation there is no way I would expect the situation to diffuse. Should always try the lowest and easiest ways to settle problems and that's what I attempted to do but was told off for that. I do thank you for your help and the lady also said the same thing.
The fans like you and I know Mark and his staff were embarrassed by those fans that make it bad for everyone. Thanks again for your help.

Gongshow_08

Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:41 pm

kwh4050 wrote:
gomarinersgo wrote:Heard Champion got 5 games and Robinson, Tucker and Vincent is playing next week should be good games.

Go marines Go

Champion got 1 game. Mitchell, Best and Clarke will all be back for the Jr-Express as well. It'll be a good weekend like all weekends. But with Horwood or Canning reffing the NUMEROUS shots to the head and charges will all be called. It will be a great weekend with a great end to the series either way.

What happened with Tucker and Vincent? I was surprised there...

Whiffen and Walsh were the top performers of the weekend for sure and teams can play serious hockey when they have serious goaltending.

Vincent struck a fever and was unable to continue playing. I took a knee on knee with number 8 and had a slight tear in my quad muscle and groin.

RAC

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:23 pm

kwh4050 wrote:it all depends for Junior. In Minor and Female it comes with a min 3 games but in Jr & Sr it all depends on what the match penalty was for and if there was an injury on the play. In this case HNL had a video of the incident and when Champion was hit from the front and then from behind by the 2nd player, he swung his stick and hit the 2nd player in the shoulder. It was never called a shot to the head and was a match for slashing above the shoulders. So therefor it was ruled 1 game.

Have you received anything from HNL on the suspension because you posted the minimum suspension guidelines and it says 2 games. But you are saying champion only has 1. What is it?

jets fan

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Champion really is going to get whats coming to him one of these days...he's a dangerous player. May end up killing someone

kwh4050

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:20 am

RAC wrote:
kwh4050 wrote:it all depends for Junior. In Minor and Female it comes with a min 3 games but in Jr & Sr it all depends on what the match penalty was for and if there was an injury on the play. In this case HNL had a video of the incident and when Champion was hit from the front and then from behind by the 2nd player, he swung his stick and hit the 2nd player in the shoulder. It was never called a shot to the head and was a match for slashing above the shoulders. So therefor it was ruled 1 game.

3 total... 1 for a game in the last 10 minutes and 2 for the match....

Have you received anything from HNL on the suspension because you posted the minimum suspension guidelines and it says 2 games. But you are saying champion only has 1. What is it?

• Information