GAME...5

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
backhand shot
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:29 pm

???????? Game
Last edited by backhand shot on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

backhand shot

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:19 pm

i SEE ON PAB FACEBOOk ...... EXPRESS WON IN OT WITH 40 SEC. left.on the clock!!!!!! 6......5 !!!! Budgell scored!!!!
Last edited by backhand shot on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marinersfan01

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:00 am

That was a very tough lost for the mariners tonight. They pretty much dominated the ot hitting the post at least 4 times and the express goalie made some excellent saves and with 40 secs left in the first ot the express capitalized on a bouncing puck. But that's the way u see it though !!
Hey livein the dream. The reffing wasn't too bad tonight either. Lol!! Calls and non calls both ways. Lol

kwh4050

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:29 am

Marinersfan01 wrote:That was a very tough lost for the mariners tonight. They pretty much dominated the ot hitting the post at least 4 times and the express goalie made some excellent saves and with 40 secs left in the first ot the express capitalized on a bouncing puck. But that's the way u see it though !!
Hey livein the dream. The reffing wasn't too bad tonight either. Lol!! Calls and non calls both ways. Lol
it was a great game overall... PAB with 2 crossbars in OT and Walshy played great in the pipes... It was a goalies game for sure... and the refs were as good as you can expect anywhere....

backhand shot

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:14 am

Posts and crossbars...a goalie best friend as they say. It sounds like a game i'll like to see last night. Every game in pab is exciting to watch. I have been there with the jr. cats .....Leafs and Jets in shootout hit at least 4 post and 2 crossbars but they had 9 .... 10 rounds before jets scored....

Richard LeRiche

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:04 pm

First time on this for a long time and todays game was a pretty good game up until the last 5 mins or so.. It all started with Champion trying to decapitate chad leriche after the whistle . i thought this was hockey not baseball. As far as i know he only got 5min for slashing and 2 min for roughing .. so when he was told to leave the ice something went on in the tunnel with him and the security. i seen the security take his vest off and went back down there then some express players came off the ice and then some fans went down there.. But none the less it should never have happend there were alot of kids there that were very scared mind included as much as we did not like what champion done u got to leave it where its too and the thing of it all is i didnt hear the anouncer say he got a 10 min misconduct or match for attemopt to injure that was mind boggling..
Its all on video so hopefully they will send it to HNL and they will make the judgement.. There was no need of doing what he done. It was done right in front of the linesman is what gets me. but it all got way out of hand and players and fans alike!

Richard LeRiche

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Final 7-4 Mariners!On another note mariners got 2 sh goals today which was nice because we finally had a couple bounces go our way! Hopefully there will be a couple of good games next weekend.

marinersfan13

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:35 pm

Actually the incident started in the second intermission when champion took a swing at the security with his stick twice when they were walking through the tunnel. IMO champion should have been removed right then and there. Yes pab fans are brutal to deal with but how is anyone supposed to react to sticks being swung.... It seems like the stick issue is ongoing on here.... Every year it's the same and I just wish people would learn their lesion about doing it before someone not involved really gets hurt. If a fan is going to challenge a hockey player and the player wants to do something about it, grow a set, put down your stick and go toe to toe with them. What if one of those kids had been hit today just for being curious?? The damage would already be done by then. If the fans and players want to fight and its consensual then go for it but sticks are weapons and it would be a shame to see a child or bystander get hit due to childishness

srs73

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Marinersfan...you never fail to amaze me, and I mean that in the worse possible way. You come on here and promote fighting between fans and players???
Why did Champion swing his stick at the security guard? Was something said to provoke such an attack? But come on, fighting between players and fans?? You want the players to "grow a set...and go toe to toe with them." Really man, get real. You should really reread what you write before you post it.
The funny thing is the so called childish behavior is coming from the PAB fans who are, in some cases, twice the age of these kids who are playing. So I ask you, who is childish? I've seen players being verbally and physically attacked by fans who should know better but obviously don't.
The game is played on the ice marinersfan...fights included. The fights should NEVER include security guards, coaches, or so called fans. A true fan cheers for his or her team and supports them though all their games...weather its a win, loss or a tie. They should appreciate the efforts of the opposing team and show them respect. When they learn to do that, and only then, maybe the fans will have grown a set!!!

Richard LeRiche

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm

I got to give recognition to netminders Tyler Whiffen and Scott Walsh! Man if it wasnt for these guys the score would have been outragous for sure, especially Whiffen he made some unbeliveable saves again today. If he plays like this all the time hes got a bright career for the rest of his Jr career and possibly Sr if chooses to pursue it! Great job guys!

• Information