What was you take on the Bous

Allan Cup Senior Canadian Championship - Discussion of NL Senior "A" teams & play.
superfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:23 pm

easy does er now general . bentley had a line up with an impressive resume and the bous played a great game against a better team .

.... congrats and have a great summer .

royalcat

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:35 pm

I thought it was a fast and hard hitting game.Bous held their own.But Bentley was just to fast getting to the puck before the bous.Bous used Marty and Blake to much,They looked tired by the end of the third.I think it was the Bentleys fourth line that scored the goals?Could be wrong.Bous had a great team there at the Allan cup did us proud.This is where coaching makes a difference.Bentley rolled all 4 lines.

General Bentley

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:38 pm

superfan wrote:easy does er now general . bentley had a line up with an impressive resume and the bous played a great game against a better team .

He asked what people thought. That's what I thought.

superfan

Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:21 pm

General Bentley wrote:
superfan wrote:easy does er now general . bentley had a line up with an impressive resume and the bous played a great game against a better team .

He asked what people thought. That's what I thought.

... fair enough general congrats and have a great summer anyway .

Wade

Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:24 pm

superfan wrote:
Wade wrote:As a Generals fan, I would like to say, the 'Bous were an excellent team in the 2013 Allan Cup.

They scored some beauties this week and I'll be honest...going into the Final...they had us worried.

I knew the speed, skill and passing would be tough to shut down...but...thats exactly what we did.

Clarenville came at us with everything they had. They gave it a gutsy effort and they got beat by a very strong hockey club who were playing darn near perfect hockey on the biggest day of the season.

classy post wade and sincerist congrats on a very well deserved national title . also a very big thanks to the host for your kind and generous hospitality .

it takes a great community to function as a team and a great team to function as a community .

wade sincerist congrats on all fronts and when you come to bouville be sure to look me up . :ymapplause:

Thanks for the kind words, superfan.

Two years is a long way down the road for a senior hockey team. I can only hope we can still have a top level team to make the trip to Clarenville. Im sure it will be a wonderful show.

Wade

Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:27 pm

royalcat wrote:I thought it was a fast and hard hitting game.Bous held their own.But Bentley was just to fast getting to the puck before the bous.Bous used Marty and Blake to much,They looked tired by the end of the third.I think it was the Bentleys fourth line that scored the goals?Could be wrong.Bous had a great team there at the Allan cup did us proud.This is where coaching makes a difference.Bentley rolled all 4 lines.

Yes, not even sure its fair to call them a "4rth line" with all they accomplished this week.

Desmet & Doucet...centered by St. FX grad, Brett Robertson, put together stellar play the entire way. They were leading The Army on all levels.

canonball

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:57 pm

General Bentley wrote:
canonball wrote:Well my take on the performance of the Bous at the Allan cup was that they played great , not enough to win but we have to look at what they were up against .. Most of the players on the Bentley team had played pro hockey one time or another , where as most of our players only played major junior , yes we do have some that did play pro but not like the Bentley team .. great job boys you have do us proud, a strong showing again this year.. Man do we have a good league here on the rock when we can send a team like that to the Allan Cup ...Great great job
My take is they were over-hyped. They came here as a team talked about as a favorite to win it all, comprised of players from three or four different teams, the best players in the league if you will and had players from nfld, Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario and who knows where else. They got to the final and couldn't score a goal. They choked. Someone at the tournament said they didn't win the nfld league championship and in the finals got swept. In other words they choked twice in two months. They should take some comfort in the fact that that must be some kind of record. Two months - Two chokes.

Congrats BENTLEY GENERALS! WOOT WOOT WOOT!

Are you sure that you are not a private , or perhaps you should be cut down to one

Toiletbowl

Thu May 02, 2013 6:52 pm

canonball wrote:
General Bentley wrote:
canonball wrote:Well my take on the performance of the Bous at the Allan cup was that they played great , not enough to win but we have to look at what they were up against .. Most of the players on the Bentley team had played pro hockey one time or another , where as most of our players only played major junior , yes we do have some that did play pro but not like the Bentley team .. great job boys you have do us proud, a strong showing again this year.. Man do we have a good league here on the rock when we can send a team like that to the Allan Cup ...Great great job
My take is they were over-hyped. They came here as a team talked about as a favorite to win it all, comprised of players from three or four different teams, the best players in the league if you will and had players from nfld, Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario and who knows where else. They got to the final and couldn't score a goal. They choked. Someone at the tournament said they didn't win the nfld league championship and in the finals got swept. In other words they choked twice in two months. They should take some comfort in the fact that that must be some kind of record. Two months - Two chokes.

Congrats BENTLEY GENERALS! WOOT WOOT WOOT!

Are you sure that you are not a private , or perhaps you should be cut down to one
I agree Cannonball this was a respectful conversation between a few fans from two teams. Then this guy comes on and puts everything back to the way this site generally is. Atta fire there General.

And as for them choking I wouldn't call it that, the Bous lost to a HOT CBN team in their league, who just beat a great Cats team. This "Bous" team that you call made up of 4 teams, well it is. But they left some great talent home. (Gill, Gallent, Whiffen, The other Delaney, Dalton),and many more. They lost to a experienced Generals team, which you let it well known it was just another day, so choke ahhh I think not. They just lost. And don't even start with the Generals team being all from Alberta, lets talk about the population difference come on.

As for 2015 you know the Bous will be stacked players will go there to play, just to play the Allen Cup.

#1BousFan

Fri May 03, 2013 6:32 am

great post!
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

superfan

Fri May 03, 2013 10:29 pm

:ymapplause: \:D/ :YMPARTY: \M/ :-bd ....

..... rock on bouville .

...... rock on :ymapplause: .

• Information