Changes Are Coming

Announcements about NL Hockey Talk Discussion forum.
Silverhawk
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:36 am

Just a reminder to EVERYONE on this site that seem to be having issues with warnings being placed. Here are some FACTS.

1. NO ONE on this site is warned or banned simply because they are speaking against the Caribous. When comments are taken too far or stirred too much threads are locked, removed or warnings issued NO MATTER WHAT TEAM.

2. THERE ARE CURRENTLY TWO ACTIVE MODS here on a daily basis. You will see old mods being removed in the coming days, and new mods being put into place. UNTIL THEN... If you have an issue.. MESSAGE myself, CC or Barry. We all work. We can't be here 24/7. Sometimes we MISS THINGS. Don't assume we are ignoring issues or letting some people slide by with no warnings etc. WE ARE HUMAN. GOT AN ISSUE - BRING IT TO OUR ATTENTION IN PM.
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

NLHockeyTalk.ca

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:45 am

It's a "damned if you do" - "damned if you don't" situation.

You have hit the nail on the head. There is a lot of leeway given members here. However, when I get countless emails regarding 1 or 2 members from fans that represent all teams, there's obviously something that is happening & something that is wrong.

This board is monitored by volunteers only. They do a bang-up job.

Unfortunately, my work situation has kept me away from here more than I like. However, given the rash of complaints that I've received lately, I'm BACK!

FOR THE RECORD ... I SUPPORT THE DECISIONS OF ANY MOD / ADMIN HERE. THEY MAKE JUDGEMENT CALLS THAT ARE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THIS BOARD. SOME PEOPLE DON'T AGREE & ACCUSE THEM OF BIAS, BUT I FIND THEY ARE SOME OF THE LEAST BIAS PEOPLE. WHEN THERE IS AN APPARENT CONFLICT, I'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN A MESSAGE ASKING ME TO TAKE A LOOK AT THEIR DECISION. THEY ARE BANG UP PEOPLE WHO ARE COMMITTED TO SEEING SENIOR HOCKEY FANS HAVE A FORUM FOR DISCUSSION.

They do a great job.

Silverhawk
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:04 am

Just one final point..

Perhaps fans here need to sit back and consider the fact that MAYBE it APPEARS that anytime a thread is locked and it involves the Caribous it's NOT because there is preference given to that team... but because someone brought it to MY or CC's attention and it was addressed.

MANY times other threads spiral downhill and no one says a thing (other than within the thread).. saying "Lock it up".. doesn't mean its going to be SEEN by a Mod anytime soon!..

Please keep that in mind!
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

• Information