Royals Take 3-2 Series Lead

Updated: February 14, 2016

The Corner Brook Royals headed into Clarenville after splitting the opening weekend series in Corner Brook.

In the Friday night match-up, the Clarenville Caribous jumped out to the early lead when Kevin Reid scored at 17:42 to put his team up 1-0 after the first period.  They Corner Brook Royals responded at 8:38 of the second period when Ryan Penney scored to knot the score at 1-1.  Just 3 minutes later, the Caribous took a 2-1 lead when Brad Crann scored making it 2-1.  The Corner Brook Royals responded 50 seconds later when import Ryan Salvis took a feed from Ryan Watson and Scott Doody, making the score 2-2 after 2 periods of play.  After a scoreless third period, the teams headed to overtime with the Corner Brook Royals Jordan Kennedy scoring to give the Royals a 3-2 OT victory and the Royals a 2-1 series lead.
buy fildena generic over the counter

Bradley Dyke was the winning goaltender, getting the nod in goal after the Royals number one goal Bryan Gillis was unable to make the games due to the birth of his son.  Dyke played outstanding in the game, rising to the occasion and stopping 38 of the 40 shots he faced.

In the Saturday night match-up, the Corner Brook Royals came out flying, scoring 2 goals in the first period.  Sniper Brandon Hynes put his club up 1-0 on a goal assisted by veterans Mark Robinson and Keith Delaney.  Ryan Penney made it 2-0 just 28 seconds later.

The Royals scored at the 40 second mark of the second period to take a 3-0 lead as Matthew Thomey buried the feed from Ryan Penney and Jordan Kennedy.  However, the Clarenville squad responded with 3 goals to knot the score at 3-3 as Ryan Desrosiers scored twice and teammate Kevin Reid scored at the 15:47 mark.  The Royals got a goal just 27 seconds after the Caribous tied the game.  Stephen Simms scored on a feed from Scott Doody and Ryan Watson to make it 4-3 after two periods of play.  Teams traded goals in the third as Justin Pender scored unassisted for the Royals and Ryan Desrosiers scored his third of the night.

With the victory on Saturday night, the Corner Brook Royals took a 3-1 series lead in their semifinal match-up.
buy lamisil generic over the counter

On Sunday afternoon, the Clarenville Caribous facing elimination came up with a great effort but were forced into overtime to take the final game of the weekend matchup.

The Clarenville Caribous Chad Earle scored at 12:12 of the first period to give his squad a 1-0 lead.  Matthew Thomey responded at the 16:03 mark to knot the score at 1-1 after the first period.  In the second period, the Royals appeared to have a stranglehold on the game as Scott Doody scored at the 4:06 mark followed by a goal from sniper Brandon Hynes at 13:11.  However, the Caribous were not dead and clawed back at the 16:20 mark to make it a 3-2 game.  They got a big shorthanded goal when Cody McNamara scored at the 17:42 mark to make it a 3-3 game after 2 periods.
buy Lopressor generic over the counter

The third period was one of the most exciting in Newfoundland senior hockey as both teams pressed for victory.  Both goaltenders came up with huge saves but when regulation time had expired, the score remained 3-3 and sudden death overtime was needed to solve things.

Caribous Ryan Desrosiers took the weight of his team on his shoulders as he scored the overtime marker to salvage the Clarenville squad’s weekend and hockey hockey season.

Play resumes on Saturday, February 20 in Corner Brook with the Royals taking to the ice with a 3-2 series lead.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.